Club d’Amateurs Photographes de Belgique

Identity

Category

Collective

Alternative name or descriptor

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Status

  • Group

Details

Life dates

Activity

1898 * - 1905 Bruxelles, Rue aux Choux, 12
Founded on 15.5.1898 by Georges Bouy and David De Man. An initial eight members rose rapidly to reach 100 by mid-1901 and 138 in July 1902. In its early days it held meetings in Café Rubens, Rue de la Madeleine and then in the "Diable-au-Corps". Custom-built studio and laboratory constructed for the Club in about 1900. Annual exhibition from 1899 onwards. Although the first attracted only five exhibitors, the second, held in November 1900, totalled 30. By 1902 there were so many submissions that a selection committee was set up. In 1904, President: Jules Bouy; Secretary: D. Deman; Treasurer: A. Poot. 96 members. Bouy remained president until 1910.
1908 - 1913 Bruxelles, Rue Villa-Hermosa, 3 (Maison du livre)
Public exhibitions, lectures and excursions. Henri Maglinse was appointed president in 1910. Around 1922, merged with the "Cercle Photographique d'Ixelles" to form the "Cercle d'Art Photographique de Bruxelles".

Locations

1898 * - 1905 Bruxelles, Rue aux Choux, 12
1908 - 1913 Bruxelles, Rue Villa-Hermosa, 3 (Maison du livre)

Exhibitions

Liège, 1905.

Genres / subject matter

Techniques

Bibliography/Webography

Context

Affiliations

Management

Record source

DIRECTORY_1997#736

Identity of institution

FotoMuseum Provincie Antwerpen

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation/revision

SFJ revised 27.9.2018, based on information supplied by Pool Andries; revised 3.1.2019 & 2.4.2019; SFJ revised 30.4.2020 based on information supplied by M. Demaeght; MD revised 27.8.2020

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

Actions