Dandoy Frères

Identity

Category

Partnership

Alternative name or descriptor

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Status

  • Professional

Details

Life dates

Activity

1856 * - 1857 Namur, Rue de Gravière, 14 or 1061
Partnership between Armand and Héliodore Dandoy, opening on 1.7.1856. A restored quarter-plate daguerreotype, c. 1856, signed in the plate by incision "A. Dandoy", was offered for sale at auction in Antwerp in 2018; no corroborating documentation has yet been located.
1858 ca - 1862 / Namur, Rue de Fer, 82<60-62>
Predecessor: Dandoy Armand
Stereoscopic views in a series "Bords de la Meuse", 1858 ca - 1860 ca. The two brothers’ partnership turned out to be short-lived at this address and Armand continued the studio on his own.
1861 * - 1866 / Spa, Place Royale, 454
Héliodore alone at this address, even though still trading as "Dandoy Frères". He arrived in May 1861, returning to Namur in April 1866, and left for Antwerp two months later. Félicien Rops (see that name) made a poster in lithography for the studio.
1862 */ Liège, Place Saint-Lambert, 30
Successor: Grandmaison Hubert (& Cie)
Opening announced for 12.4.1862, but only advertising here for one or two months after which Hubert Grandmaison started advertising at this address.

Locations

1856 * - 1857 Namur, Rue de Gravière, 14 or 1061
1858 ca - 1862 / Namur, Rue de Fer, 82<60-62>
1861 * - 1866 / Spa, Place Royale, 454
1862 */ Liège, Place Saint-Lambert, 30

Exhibitions

Armand exhibited alone: Brussels, 1856 (instantaneous studies of horses); Brussels, 1857; Paris, 1857.

Genres / subject matter

Techniques

Bibliography/Webography

Context

Affiliations

Management

Record source

DIRECTORY_1997#919

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation/revision

SFJ revised 21.10.2018; MD revised 2.9.2020

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

Actions