Dépôt de la Guerre

Identity

Category

Collective

Alternative name or descriptor

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Status

  • Connected

Details

Life dates

Activity

1856 - 1894 Bruxelles - Ixelles
After visiting the International Exhibition in Paris in 1855, General Nerenburger (see that name) drew inspiration from Niépce de Saint-Victor and the Bisson brothers who exhibited examples of photographic mapmaking. He entrusted Captain Libois with the photographic reproduction of maps. A studio was then set up for copying maps photographically and photomechanically. The directors were General Nerenburger, then Major-general Simons (1863) followed by Adan (1880). See also Hannot. Operated in 'La Cambre' (Brussels - Ixelles) in 1880.

Locations

1856 - 1894 Bruxelles - Ixelles

Exhibitions

Paris, 1867; Brussels, 1880 ("Institut Cartographique Militaire"); Ghent, 1880; Antwerp, 1885; Brussels, 1888; Antwerp, 1894.

Genres / subject matter

Techniques

Bibliography/Webography

Context

Affiliations

Management

Record source

DIRECTORY_1997#1340

Identity of institution

FotoMuseum Provincie Antwerpen

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation/revision

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

Actions