Morren, Emile

Identity

Category

Person (Male)

Alternative name or descriptor

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Status

  • Professional

Details

Life dates

Louvain, 1865 - Louvain, 1941

Activity

1894 - 1914 / Louvain, Rue de Namur, 20 renumbered 18
Predecessor: Morren Frères
Emile François, ° 27.10.1865; + 6.10.1941. Elder son of Prosper. Already recorded as a photographer in July 1891. On CV, "Photographer to H.S.H. Mgr the Duke of Arenberg". The studio, destroyed in 1914, was rebuilt in 1922. His son Richard, a third-generation professional photographer, ran the studio from 1927 to 1972.
1909 - 1910 Saint-Trond, Hoogbrugstraat, 18
"The photography studio will be open during the winter season on Wednesdays and Thursdays every week. Portraits from 3 fr. per half-dozen, postcard portraits from 2 fr. 50 per dozen" (Gazette van Sint Truiden, 18.12.1909).

Locations

1894 - 1914 / Louvain, Rue de Namur, 20 renumbered 18
1909 - 1910 Saint-Trond, Hoogbrugstraat, 18

Exhibitions

Genres / subject matter

Techniques

Bibliography/Webography

Context

Affiliations

Management

Record source

DIRECTORY_1997#3149

Identity of institution

FotoMuseum Provincie Antwerpen

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation/revision

SFJ revised 2.5.2018 & 16.5.2018; SFJ revised 26.10.2020 based on information supplied by M. Demaeght; MD revised 28.10.2020

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

Actions