Sacré Frères

Identity

Category

Partnership

Alternative name or descriptor

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Status

  • Connected

Details

Life dates

Activity

1908 * - 1925 / Liège, Rue Saint-Gilles, 21
Predecessor: Sacré Charles
Photoengravers. Maurice Jacques (° Ghent, 5.7.1882; + Liège, September 1936) and Pierre Emile (° Drongen, 14.8.1886). "Sacré frères" in the 1913 directory but it has not yet been established when the firm officially began trading under this name. Brothers Maurice and Emile continued their father Charles' business after his death in January 1908. Maurice was recorded as a photo-engraver on his father's death certificate and again at this address at the occasion of his wedding in Liège on 11.8.1910. Process blocks on zinc and copper (1911). Emile was recorded as a photo-engraver at this address at his wedding in 1921. The firm subsequently moved to Rue Wazon and was renamed "Société des établissements liégeois de photographie Sacré Frères". Maurice was still a photo-engraver at the time of his death.

Locations

1908 * - 1925 / Liège, Rue Saint-Gilles, 21

Exhibitions

Genres / subject matter

Techniques

Bibliography/Webography

Context

Affiliations

Management

Record source

DIRECTORY_2017#1637

Identity of institution

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation/revision

MD / SFJ new 14.7.2020

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

Actions